Things to See & Do
Snowtraxx Groomed Snowmobile Trails
The Snowtraxx Snowmobile club covers the beautiful communities of Russell, Rossburn, Olha, Oakburn, Birtle, Foxwarren, St. Lazare and Binscarth.
Snowtraxx is a non-profit organization that currently maintains 380 kms of trails. They are groomed weekly from the start of the season until the end of the riding season, which is determined by snow conditions. These Snoman designated trails provide access to all areas in the Western Region of the Province by linking directly to trails maintained by Thunder & ice, Roblin Snowmobile Club, Intermountain Snowmobile Club and the Saskatchewan Snowmobile Association. By starting your ride on a Snowtraxx club trail you can enjoy some of the most beautiful areas of the province. This could not be done without cooperation of the landowners and dedicated volunteers who sign and maintain the trails.
Snowtraxx is a member of the Western Region Snowmobile Association and Snoman (Snowmobilers of Manitoba). The association follows and promotes the following:
- Safe family winter recreation through the use of snowmobiles
- Respect for land owners alongside our trail system
- Have fun…making new acquaintances …sharing the passion with fellow riders
- Work closely with our parent organization (Snoman), local municipalities, towns and local law enforcement
- Respect the environment and wildlife
If you are not a member of a snowmobile club, join now. By belonging you will be helping recreational snowmobiling remain strong. An annual snoPASS is $150.00 and can be purchased at Manitoba Public Insurance offices.