Things to See & Do
Millwood was founded with the arrival of the railroad in 1885-86. It was surveyed for two hundred lots and was planned as a divisional point for the railway. At this time, there was a store, two hotels, a meat market and a livery barn. However, the railroad changed its plans and the divisional point was established further west at Russell. The community of Millwood, once having a population of 80, no longer exists, although the original Millwood School and the Millwood Bridge still remain. This concrete bridge was built in 1920 and spans the Assiniboine River.
Location: Located on PR579. From Russell go south on PTH16 for 3.9 km (2.5 miles) to PR579. Turn right, go 4.9 km (4 miles), turn left staying on PR579, then proceed another 9.2 km (5-3/4 miles) to Millwood.